Jewel Tibbets Arch Loop
What I actually really love about Moab is all the short quick hikes you can do. Jewel Tibbets Arch is another great one and an awesome way for the dogs to stretch their legs.
Jewel Tibbets, the arches namesake discovered this sandstone formation. Her son, Ray Tibbets, was a Moab businessman and Grand County Commissioner. He was a well-known figure in the Sagebrush Rebellion and the creation of Canyonlands National Park. He worked with the U.S. Geological Survey to put the arch his mother found on the map. To read more about local Moab "icon" Ray Tibbets you can go to this Moab Sun News article.
Here is a link to a driving map.
- Head about 11 miles North of Moab on UT-191
- At the junction with UT-313 take a left
- Continue 9.7 miles on UT-313
- Take a right onto the unmarked Hell Roaring Rd.
- Drive 1.2 miles before taking a left to continue on the Hell Roaring Rim Route
- Continue for .5 miles until you come to a gate and the parking area